Listen to Jeff speak with Abel James of Fat Burning Man. In this episode they discuss:
- Mushrooms as food and why you should add more mushrooms to your diet
- The medicinal power of mushrooms
- What look to for with medicinal mushroom supplements
- Why certain supplements aren’t made from mushrooms and actually contain high amounts of grain
- The reishi challenge. Is your reishi product bitter?
- Testing your mushroom supplement for starch with iodine
- Vitamin D and mushrooms
In it Jeff and Ryan discuss the following:
- what most people don’t know about medicinal mushroom products
- why beta-glucans are a key quality measurement of any mushroom product
- how mushroom supplements are different than mushrooms as food
- how to test your mushroom product for the presence of starch
- why polysaccharides tests are completely meaningless
- the economics around mushroom growing and why U.S. companies can’t grow mushrooms for use in supplements
Jeff is back again with another great podcast on the Ben Greenfield Fitness show, one of the top Health & Fitness podcast on iTunes. In it they discuss:
- add mushrooms to your coffee
- mushrooms as food vs medicine
- mushroom product quality
- at home starch test for mushroom products
- and much more.
Click here to listen.