https://www.nammex.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/beyond-macros-podcast.jpg 450 900 Jeff Chilton https://www.nammex.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/nammex_horizontal_logo493x156.jpg Jeff Chilton2018-01-11 17:25:342019-01-28 22:44:57Forgotten Food Groups with Matthew Walrath
Forgotten Food Groups with Matthew Walrath
Jeff discusses mushrooms with Matthew Walrath on the Beyond Macros Podcast.
In the episode they discuss:
- The different plant parts of these fungi
- The nutritional value of mushrooms
- The different compounds that can be found in edible mushrooms.
- Why not all mushrooms are similar.
- The medicinal compounds in mushrooms.
- How different mushrooms have different levels of active compounds.
- The benefits of the beta glucans and triterpenes found in mushrooms.
- How mushrooms can have some acute effects when taking in higher doses.
- What extract will provide the most benefit at the lowest cost over time.
- A quick caveat about when to eat mushrooms as a food and when to take it as an extract.
- Jeff’s recommendations for how to cook mushrooms.
- Jeff talks about some of his favorite Japanese mushrooms.
Check out the full episode on the Beyond Macros Podcast.